It’s official, Travis and Jaimee have been invited to Blackpool! This spring they will be competing in the Theatre Arts Exhibition Championship at the prestigious Blackpool Dance Festival in Blackpool, England. This is an opportunity that few receive and Travis and Jaimee are looking forward to dancing, for their second time, in the beautiful Empress Ballroom at the Winter Gardens.
2014 has started off with lots of excitement. A few weeks ago Travis and Jaimee were asked to be part of a special performance in Haiti by World Rhythm Champion, Emanuel Pierre-Antoine. The Show was in honor of Emanuel and all his success as a dancer from Haiti, and to raise support for the arts. The people of Haiti were treated to a spectacular show from three of the world’s best showdance couples; Emanuel and his partner, Liana Churilova, Maxim Kozhevnikov and Anastasia Grigoreva, and last but not least Travis and Jaimee Tuft! Haiti and it’s people are beautiful, and the show was received with standing ovation after standing ovation. Travis and Jaimee could not have been more thrilled to be part of such an amazing show with such amazing people.
Travis and Jaimee have been extremely busy this year, but what a year it has been! It was so exciting to see some of their dreams become realities. Here are some highlights from the year:
- They made the World Professional Smooth final held at the Embassy Ball.
- Became 2013 US Theatrical Arts Champions, woohoo!
- 2013 US Cabaret Vice-Champions.
- They made the Ohio Star Ball American Smooth final for the first time and WON the Smooth Show Dance competition!!
- Invited to Hong Kong as the featured show at the Pink Ball, an international Cancer Benefit.
- Traveled to Paris and took first place at the Disney cup in both the Professional Smooth and Exhibition Championships.
- Rung in the New Year performing live with the Philadelphia Orchestra.
Each year they have continued to climb and it will be exciting to see what new heights they are able to reach this year. Here’s to an exciting 2014!!